Monday, April 24, 2006

Update

Well, there were so many people who wanted to go, and we tried to find a way to make room for you all. We really do feel badly that not everyone who wanted to go can go. Unfortunately, we are full and just cannot find room for anyone else. We are terrribly, terribly sorry. This gives us ideas for the next shop hop though! We may be able to make it a weekend thing, where we have two busses going to the shops on two different days. This would also allow us to have smaller groups go.

I have to tell you, this shop hop is a lot of work. Please take a moment to thank the volunteers who really worked so dilligently to make this a day of knitventure for us all. Our volunteers are:

Diane, Michelle, Marguerite, Shelley, Judith, Laure, Wendy (treasurer), Juanita, and Heather (me!).

I had a goal of getting a raffle prize per person, and never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd do it, but we did! Some of these raffle prizes are just amazing too...they vary in value from $20 up to $200. I also want to give a huge thank you to everyone who sponsored us. All of the raffle prizes were donated. I will include in your bags a brochure that has their names, websites, addresses, and phone numbers. Please support them in return if you can.

Last year we had the people who received the raffles send thank you cards to the donator. This year I will be sending the thank you cards to the donators myself, because I had no idea that we would get this many contributions!

I look forward to seeing you all on the bus!

No comments: