Friday, March 10, 2006

Two Swans Yarns and KIDSILK HAZE!

I just got the yarns and the raffle prize from Karen at Two Swans Yarns. Talk about lovely yarns, this is really incredible. Thank you so much Karen for being so generous! She gave quite a bit of yarn for the samples, so everyone will be getting enough for big samples. I know you want to see the pictures, so here they are:


Look at the color of this Kidsilk Haze. The color in the photo is pretty accurate, it is a very deep wine color. If you've never felt Kidsilk Haze before, you are in for a BIG treat! As you can see, it is very fuzzy, but not overly so. I specifically requested Kidsilk Haze from Karen for our samples, and she generously obliged! I just knew that if our shop hop attendees could feel this for themselves they'd be in love with this yarn as much as I am.


The color is a little off for the Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift, I'm sorry. Karen's Two Swans Yarns specializes in Fair Isle Yarns, and she tells me that she stocks all colors of this yarn all the time. I was able to get on her site to check out the colors, and there are lots of colors of this yarn. In your yarn sample, these two yarns will be on the same card so you can knit these two together in Fair Isle. If you are new to fair isle, the colors of this yarn should inspire you to better your skills. I know I can't wait to knit with them!



This picture is pretty accurate color-wise, but it just doesn't show how interesting this yarn is. I was surprised at how soft and light this is. It would be perfect for spring or summer garments.

Well, time to start cutting the yarns to put on the cards! Stay tuned for more photos!

No comments: